We are committed to providing equal access for all children to the broad and balanced curriculum to which they are entitled and we welcome children who are gifted and talented in a particular area. We recognize that we must consider the individual needs of all children when planning our curriculum and we aim to provide a curriculum which is accessible to the individual needs of our children.
The objectives of our Able, Gifted and Talented provision at Meoncross School are to:
- Encourage all pupils to think and work independently
- Ensure that the needs of every able, gifted and talented child are met
- Enable able, gifted and talented pupils to develop to their full potential
- Offer able, gifted and talented pupils the opportunities to challenge and extend their own learning, often with the Scholarship Programme
- Ensure that we challenge and extend all pupils through the work that we set them