SIS Inspection Report
25 to 27 March 2014
Key highlights of the report:
- The quality of teaching and assessment is outstanding.
- An ethos of high expectations, encouragement and praise builds the confidence and self-esteem of pupils and gives them strong motivation to succeed
- The organisation of the curriculum is excellent and has outstanding features, including the Passport programme that brings the whole school together in activities that contribute equally to personal and academic achievement
- The quality and standards of the Early Years provision are outstanding and the outdoor activities provision is enriched by ‘Beach School’
- The assessment procedures and the monitoring of pupils’ progress are rigorous and teachers’ expectations of what pupils can achieve are high. Pupils respond readily to every opportunity for learning, they make very good progress as they move through the school, and many work above the expected standards.
- Relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, pupils said they love the way their teachers challenge them and the harmonious family atmosphere of the school
- The quality of welfare and safeguarding, and of health and safety in the school is excellent
- The Headmistress leads a united and reflective staff, who share a common sense of purpose, driven forward by ambitious aims for improvement.